Thursday, December 31, 2015

Why We Must Die

In my very first blog, I testified of how grateful I was that a word spoken to me several years ago had finally come to past. That I was not only to operate in the teaching ministry God had purposed for me, but I was also to birth yet another ministry: a writing ministry. 

To say that I had solely embarked upon this journey to glorify God would not be the truth. Like so many others, who have used the gifts God has given them to profit them, I too dreamed of Social Network fame. I imagined the readers of my blog, the viewers of my Periscope broadcasts, and the likes on my Facebook and Twitter accounts expanding into the thousands in just a matter of months. Surely this is what the call of God would produce for the called, right? Wrong. 

Nothing God has given me, was given to elevate me or be used for my gain. My gifts have a Kingdom assignment and yours do too. When Jesus in Matthew 4, was led into the wilderness by the Spirit to be tempted of the devil, He revealed this truth to us: gifts are not for personal gain. 

But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'" Matthew 4:4

Let me put it another way, Satan asked Him to do the very thing, I and so many others are guilty of. He asked Him to use the power (talents or gifts) that resided within Him to meet His own need. 

The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread." Matthew 4:3

But that would not be the case, Jesus would not allow His flesh, despite its cravings, to lead Him out of the will of the Father; and we must not either. The cost of giving in, of letting our flesh take the lead is too great. No matter how convincing the flesh maybe, we are to yield to the Word of God if we are to stay in His will. For it is only through our obedience that we are made effective. 

Beloved, it is my prayer today, that you too will see the light. That you will confess your sin and that you will begin the difficult process of killing your flesh daily. Today, I declare and decree that you will not use your gifts and talents for personal gain. That in times of testing you will, after much preparation, remind the enemy of Matthew 4:4. You will speak this Word with such conviction that it will cause the enemy to flee. That your life, both public and private, will glorify God and that the yoke to be known of men will be lifted off your life. 

1 comment:

  1. I can't even begin to tell you how much this message speaks to me on so many levels! Praying that there will be a death to our flesh as we seek to use our gifts to bring God glory!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to read my blog. I pray that it has blessed you, and please do, visit again.